Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bakas John Bakas is offline

Default Key Reassignment Remap Semicolon Colon

QUESTION:

In MS Word 2002, is there a way to reverse/switch the keys used to produce
the semicolon and colon. For example, in other programs I just reassign the
keys or make macros and then assign the macros to the semicolon and colon
keys. I have Intellitype 5.5 software if thats significant.

BACKGROUND:

The computer has XP with all updates. All Office updates are installed.

I used to be able to do this switch of keystrokes in the past with Word, but
it was with either an earlier version of Word or an earlier version of
Intellitype, I cant remember which.

As I recall how I used to make the reassignment, the keyboard
reassignment/customize box would allow assignment to character keys, but that
option does not exist on my Word 2002.

I still have the Intellitype Pro 2.2 software, but am reluctant to install
older software.

If getting Office 2003 would allow the switch of keys, I would be happy to
get the upgrade. I hope I am not the only person who is annoyed at almost
never using the semicolon key, but always having to push SHIFT-Colon key
every time I want to type a colon €” which is frequently.

Any suggestions on how to accomplish this switch of keystrokes would be most
helpful. Thank you very much.

Lastly, for all those who think Microsoft or some other huge, inscrutable
organization runs the world, the fact that there has been no law switching
how we type colons and semicolons on all the keyboards in the world is clear
proof that they are not really in control!

*****************
John Bakas
Riverview, Florida, USA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You could set up a couple of AutoCorrects, colon for semicolon and
vice-versa.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"John Bakas" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
John Bakas John Bakas is offline

Tony:

Brilliant! Excellent! Thank you.

PS

Have you submitted your name to serve as World Ruler?

*****************
John Bakas
Riverview, Florida, USA

"John Bakas" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

See:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...E-437E4BAD6626

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

LOL!

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Helmut Weber" wrote in message
See:

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/de...B-A415-467B-87
BE-437E4BAD6626

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Helmut Weber Helmut Weber is offline

World Ruler?

Did you notice that: "World"?

"Word ruler" would have been sufficient.

Helmut
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

The Word Ruler - simple though it may be - causes problems for many users,
judging by the number of questions about it ...

... oh, yes, perhaps I _could_ go for that