Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
audioslave[_2_] audioslave[_2_] is offline

Default Creating Table of Contents

Hi all

Is there an easy mechanism to create table of contents where by the table of
contents automatically gets updated as I am making changes through out the
document? Because right now if I make a change, it doesnt get updated
automatically but I have to create the table of contents again to update it.

Also another question. My native language is not english and I wish to
create a dictionary in word with words of my language. It is not in latin
script but there is a unicode font provided by microsoft. I want word to
detect spelling mistakes when compared with the dictionary I create and
autocorrect them. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
audioslave[_2_] audioslave[_2_] is offline

By the way, I'm using Word 2007.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You don't have to create it again; just select it and F9 to Update
Fields.

Do you know that Microsoft doesn't already have "proofing tools" in
your language?

On Sep 20, 12:48*pm, audioslave
wrote:
Hi all

Is there an easy mechanism to create table of contents where by the table of
contents automatically gets updated as I am making changes through out the
document? Because right now if I make a change, it doesnt get updated
automatically but I have to create the table of contents again to update it.

Also another question. My native language is not english and I wish to
create a dictionary in word with words of my language. It is not in latin
script but there is a unicode font provided by microsoft. *I want word to
detect spelling mistakes when compared with the dictionary I create and
autocorrect them. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

See http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for the general
principles; the execution will be slightly different in Word 2007. As others
have suggested, if you have already inserted a TOC field, F9 will update it.

"audioslave" wrote in message
Hi all

Is there an easy mechanism to create table of contents where by the table
of
contents automatically gets updated as I am making changes through out the
document? Because right now if I make a change, it doesnt get updated
automatically but I have to create the table of contents again to update
it.

Also another question. My native language is not english and I wish to
create a dictionary in word with words of my language. It is not in latin
script but there is a unicode font provided by microsoft. I want word to
detect spelling mistakes when compared with the dictionary I create and
autocorrect them. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
audioslave[_2_] audioslave[_2_] is offline

Thanks for the replies guys..

"grammatim" wrote:

Do you know that Microsoft doesn't already have "proofing tools" in
your language?

Its only spoken by 400k people so I dont think they'd be interested anytime
soon. :-(

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Sep 20, 11:25*pm, audioslave
wrote:
Thanks for the replies guys..

"grammatim" wrote:
Do you know that Microsoft doesn't already have "proofing tools" in
your language?

Its only spoken by 400k people so I dont think they'd be interested anytime
soon. :-(

Would you care to name it?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
audioslave[_2_] audioslave[_2_] is offline

Its Dhivehi and its the language of Maldives. Its written from right to left.
Sooo..any help?

Thanks.

"grammatim" wrote:

On Sep 20, 11:25 pm, audioslave