Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Alice Alice is offline

Default How do I transfer all the auto-correct items to a new computer?

Using XP, Word 2003. Are these auto-correct items saved in a file as we
create them? We would like to transfer all of them to a new computer.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword finalword is offline

Autocorrect entries are saved in .ACL files and referenced by your Normal.
Most of the time you will find them in C:\Documents and
Settings\[USERNAME}\Application Data\Microsoft\Office. Different files are
created for each language used, so English (US) is the MSO1033.acl.

Do a file search for *.acl files and copy all to the same location on the
other machine and copy the Normal.dot as well.

"Alice" wrote:

Using XP, Word 2003. Are these auto-correct items saved in a file as we
create them? We would like to transfer all of them to a new computer.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Formatted autocorrect options are stored in the normal template. Only
unformatted ones are stored in ACL files. See
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...utocorrect.htm