Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sasha Sasha is offline

Default Resume reopened on other computers doesnt format correctly

It seems like a quickstyle change, however, the page layout, fonts, etc. all
stay the same, but whenever I reopen my resume (regardless of 2003 or 2007
doc format), other than on the original computer, it reopenes as 2 pages,
instead of one, and the spacing looks off.

Any suggestions?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sasha,

Word uses the current printer driver to work out how much text etc will fit on each line, and how many lines will fit on a page.
This varies from printer to printer. So, when you view the document using print drivers set up for a differrent printer, there's
always the possibility that the layout will change. The best way to deal with this, especially where the recipients don't need to
edit the document, is to send it to them as a PDF. Word 2007 can save to the PDF format.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Sasha" wrote in message ...
It seems like a quickstyle change, however, the page layout, fonts, etc. all
stay the same, but whenever I reopen my resume (regardless of 2003 or 2007
doc format), other than on the original computer, it reopenes as 2 pages,
instead of one, and the spacing looks off.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sasha Sasha is offline

That would be the case, however, both versions of office 2007 are the same,
and they share a networked printer. I just want to be able to work on my
resume outside of my home computer, on my laptop mainly, if you know what I
mean. A lot of times, Remote connection isnt an option, or there's no
internet, so I want to have another copy of it to work on my laptop with,
where-in lies the problem :-/

"Sasha" wrote in message ...
It seems like a quickstyle change, however, the page layout, fonts, etc. all
stay the same, but whenever I reopen my resume (regardless of 2003 or 2007
doc format), other than on the original computer, it reopenes as 2 pages,
instead of one, and the spacing looks off.

Any suggestions?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You need to have the same default printer driver selected on both
computers. (It doesn't matter whether it's actually connected to a
printer or not.)

The printer driver is the thing you select in the Print dialog when
you tell it which printer to use.

"macropod" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Sasha Sasha is offline

One computer is Win XP, the other is Vista, I dont know if the driver differs
between the two operating systems, but its the default one built into windows
for a mid-aged HP printer

"macropod" wrote:
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Sasha,

Since the Operating Systems differ, it's likely the printer drivers differ too.

--
Cheers
macropod