Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tim Tim is offline

Default Page setup

I want to divide my page into four equal squares and have the same text in
each square in order to save on paper and in order to be able to distribute
it in small pieces. Any idea on how to set the page up to do that?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

There are several options.

1. In Word 2000 and above, you can create the document full size and select
"4 pages per sheet" in the Print dialog.

2. In pretty much any version of Word, you can select a "label" format that
has four "labels" per sheet, such as Avery 3263 postcard (landscape) or
Avery 5845 note card (portrait). Create one "label" and duplicate it to the
other three (copy one cell, select the entire table, and paste).

3. Replicate a similar setup using a 2x2 table (which is all the label
definitions are, anyway).

4. In Word 2007, choose one of the Microsoft 1/4 Letter layouts (landscape
or portrait) in Mailings | Create | Labels | Label Options. Fill one label
and copy it to the rest.

5. In Publisher, create the 1/4 page once and print it four times on a
sheet.

"Tim" wrote in message
I want to divide my page into four equal squares and have the same text in
each square in order to save on paper and in order to be able to
distribute
it in small pieces. Any idea on how to set the page up to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Bob[_4_] Bob[_4_] is offline

I want to do something similar, except I want to type different text in each
of the four pages. I want to end up with four quarter page note cards to
use during a speech. How can I do that? I can't find a template like that.
I have Office 2007.

"Tim" wrote in message
I want to divide my page into four equal squares and have the same text in
each square in order to save on paper and in order to be able to
distribute
it in small pieces. Any idea on how to set the page up to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

You can still use the 1/4 Letter label definition. Click the New Document
button to get a sheet of the "labels." They're still set up as a table, but
this is far from obvious, as Word just shows you the first cell, which you
can type in, plus another "label" with a paragraph mark. Tab out of the
first cell to get a new "label."

I'm not at all clear what's going on from here. Even in Print Preview, Word
doesn't really show you exactly what the printed page will look like, which
is a bit bizarre. Might be worth some trial and error, though I found that
the text I typed didn't show up in Print Preview: apparently Word sets the
page margins to 0" all around and doesn't do anything (or enough) to
compensate for the nonprintable area (when I added some Space Before, the
text became visible).

This may be a "solution" that's more confusing than the original problem!
There is no such confusion using Avery 3263, though in order to create new
pages you will have to tab three times to get two new rows per page.
Moreover, Word does not, as in previous versions, suppress the blank page
following the labels.

"Tim" wrote in message
I want to divide my page into four equal squares and have the same text
in
each square in order to save on paper and in order to be able to
distribute
it in small pieces. Any idea on how to set the page up to do that?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
TedMi TedMi is offline

You will find a template for 1/4 page portrait or landscape cards he
http://www.mirecki.us/computing/
It was written for Word 93-2003, but works fine in '07
--
TedMi