Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Becky Carter Hickman-Jones Becky Carter Hickman-Jones is offline

Default Cell Formatting Doesn't Stick

I've been having a problem for a while now, and it's mystifying. After I
create a table using Table Insert Table..., I format the cells in the
table using paragraph styles designed for table cells. Sometimes, when I
apply the Table Cell Left style to a cell that is center aligned during the
creation of the table, the formatting will apply, and then within a second,
it pops right back to center aligned. No matter what I do, the formatting
does not stay put, and I can't understand why.

Is there a table setting that prevents this formatting from sticking? Or is
there something else I need to do before I apply a new style? It seems odd
because in regular paragraph text, this would "never" happen.

This quirk is not consistent, and fortunately not frequent, but it's
irritating nonetheless.

I would appreciate any advice.

Thanks,
Beck

help on formatting cell on form RichH Formatting Long Documents 2 June 27th 06 09:44 AM
Any way to copy two paragraphs from one cell to multiple cells? Kelly Tables 10 March 6th 06 03:26 PM
formatting text in cell jannwebb Microsoft Word Help 2 August 25th 05 01:32 AM
cell formatting Darryl Tables 22 July 14th 05 03:55 PM
cell formatting [email protected] Microsoft Word Help 1 March 24th 05 11:05 AM