Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] AmericanTutoring@gmail.com is offline

Default String Searching a Check box in Word...

I have an employment application form that I have prospect employees
mark an x in a check box, if they have abilities in a certain school
subject area, such as algebra or science.

DOC: http://american-tutoring.com/America...11_01_07. doc

Also, we have an online form version of this, that produces a txt
outcome file that is searchable, but occasionally some users, for
whatever reason, can't seem use the online application form, so we
give them access to a word version they can fill out on their
desktop.

THE PROBLEM: When we are searching documents to find whether a tutor
has a certain skills subject-wise there is no way to search via string
search if a check box is checked or not.

Any suggestions for overcoming the problem would be appreciated.

http://american-tutoring.com
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Assuming a protected form, the following macro run from a toolbar button
with list the checked skills

Sub IsChecked()
Dim ck1 As String
With ActiveDocument
ck1 = ""
If .FormFields("Check1").CheckBox.Value = True Then
ck1 = ck1 & "Has skill A" & vbCr
End If
If .FormFields("Check2").CheckBox.Value = True Then
ck1 = ck1 & "Has skill B" & vbCr
End If
If .FormFields("Check3").CheckBox.Value = True Then
ck1 = ck1 & "Has skill C" & vbCr
End If
If .FormFields("Check4").CheckBox.Value = True Then
ck1 = ck1 & "Has skill D" & vbCr
End If
MsgBox ck1
End With
End Sub

Amend the check box bookmarks and the skills to suit.