Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

Default Office Home and Student

Purchased this product in March with the understanding that it was FULLY
compatible wtih Word 2003. Am an MT and now find myself unable to work until
I can find a nonexisting Word 2003 program. Why would MS put out a NEW
program and not leave all of the files for downloads from pre-existing Word
2003 since that is the bread and butter of most systems in use now?

I keep being told that there is no way that I can get the full Word 2003 and
it is obviously not available anywhere. Why not at least give us poor fools a
patch to downgrade to what we need to work in the business climate as it is?
This is surely not an upgrade when it cannot be used to download files needed
for my work.

NOT COMPATIBLE
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

What's an MT? What are you trying to work on but can't?

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"donnajune1" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

JoAnn,

The tech attempted to download their software so that I could start work and
it is not possible. He just had to stop. They, as all transcription
companies, are not upgraded to what is being sold to the public as
"compatible." I do suppose it does put the pressure on them to upgrade as
people's systems do crash and there are those of us who do not keep our Word
2003 disk when we upgrade.

Is there any other option than to quit working at home? Borrowed computer
and found it had Word Perfect 12 on it and, of course, that is incompatible
also. I need help so that I may work again.

"donnajune1" wrote:

Purchased this product in March with the understanding that it was FULLY
compatible wtih Word 2003. Am an MT and now find myself unable to work until
I can find a nonexisting Word 2003 program. Why would MS put out a NEW
program and not leave all of the files for downloads from pre-existing Word
2003 since that is the bread and butter of most systems in use now?

I keep being told that there is no way that I can get the full Word 2003 and
it is obviously not available anywhere. Why not at least give us poor fools a
patch to downgrade to what we need to work in the business climate as it is?
This is surely not an upgrade when it cannot be used to download files needed
for my work.

NOT COMPATIBLE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mary Sauer Mary Sauer is offline

Microsoft Office Compatibility Pack for Word, Excel, and PowerPoint 2007 File
Formats

Mary Sauer MSFT MVP
http://office.microsoft.com/
http://msauer.mvps.org/

"donnajune1" wrote:

Purchased this product in March with the understanding that it was FULLY
compatible wtih Word 2003. Am an MT and now find myself unable to work
until
I can find a nonexisting Word 2003 program. Why would MS put out a NEW
program and not leave all of the files for downloads from pre-existing Word
2003 since that is the bread and butter of most systems in use now?

I keep being told that there is no way that I can get the full Word 2003
and
it is obviously not available anywhere. Why not at least give us poor fools
patch to downgrade to what we need to work in the business climate as it
is?
This is surely not an upgrade when it cannot be used to download files
needed
for my work.

NOT COMPATIBLE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

Mary, I hope this works for the downloads needed from my company. Does it
include all files from Word 2003, etc? As mentioned, trying to downgrade from
Office etc. to exact old Word 2003. thx.

"donnajune1" wrote:

Purchased this product in March with the understanding that it was FULLY
compatible wtih Word 2003. Am an MT and now find myself unable to work
until
I can find a nonexisting Word 2003 program. Why would MS put out a NEW
program and not leave all of the files for downloads from pre-existing Word
2003 since that is the bread and butter of most systems in use now?

I keep being told that there is no way that I can get the full Word 2003
and
it is obviously not available anywhere. Why not at least give us poor fools
patch to downgrade to what we need to work in the business climate as it
is?
This is surely not an upgrade when it cannot be used to download files
needed
for my work.

NOT COMPATIBLE

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

What files do you need to download? You can open older word files in Word
2007 and you can save 2007 files in an older format.

--

"donnajune1" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

JoAnn, I did the download that was suggested, notified the tech with my
update. Was referred to Dicataphone tech and there is not option of using
Office Home and Student since files are missing that are needed. I have no
options, unless you have some idea, and will not be able to go back to work
in medical transcription , per tech as Dictatphone until companies have been
able to update and become compatible with Office, etc. Seems they are at
least 6 months in doing so. Any ideas how to find an Office and Word 2003
that only that Word could be downloaded? Looked in tigerdirect...nothing.

"donnajune1" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
donnajune1 donnajune1 is offline

Tech at Dictaphone claims too many missing and no way to become compatible. I
only know that EXText 2003 is one. I know little and just keep being told
same thing over and over. THX. Wish you could help? I guess only Bill knows
the answer.

"donnajune1" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

What I think you are saying is that you need to use a software product from
Dictaphone with Word, but that the product is not yet compatible with 2007
and therefore you need 2003?

There is nowhere you can legally download Word 2003 and buying as an
individual product may not be the cheapest way to obtain it. Look out for
deals on Office 2003.

"donnajune1" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Donna June,

It sounds like the software you're using is from Nuance/Scansoft's Dictaphone Healthcare Express speech. The Dicatphone products
are using the underlying Dragon speech engine. Dragon Medical v9 is compatible with Office 2007,
http://nuance.com/naturallyspeaking/matrix/medical
but I don't know if the 2003 version of the Dictatphone branded product (http://nuance.com/dictaphone) would be.

====
"donnajune1" wrote in message ...
Tech at Dictaphone claims too many missing and no way to become compatible. I
only know that EXText 2003 is one. I know little and just keep being told
same thing over and over. THX. Wish you could help? I guess only Bill knows
the answer.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP