Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom

Default Delete undeletable section breaks

Every so often I will edit a document which I can do everything except delete
page breaks or section breaks. what am I doing wrong. I have tried plcing
the cursor before the break and pressing delete as well as highlighting it
and pressing delete.
Thanks for any help
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9t?=,

Every so often I will edit a document which I can do everything except delete
page breaks or section breaks. what am I doing wrong. I have tried plcing
the cursor before the break and pressing delete as well as highlighting it
and pressing delete.

What else is in the document, besides "just text"? Sometimes, a graphical object
or a table might be associated with an adjacent paragraph, which could have the
effect of "protecting" the section or page break as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom

The document has tables and graphics, which can be modified and deleted. The
documents are completely normal with the exception of deleting page/section
breaks and I can't turn off track changes.

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VG9t?=,

Every so often I will edit a document which I can do everything except delete
page breaks or section breaks. what am I doing wrong. I have tried plcing
the cursor before the break and pressing delete as well as highlighting it
and pressing delete.

What else is in the document, besides "just text"? Sometimes, a graphical object
or a table might be associated with an adjacent paragraph, which could have the
effect of "protecting" the section or page break as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9t?=,

The document has tables and graphics, which can be modified and deleted. The
documents are completely normal with the exception of deleting page/section
breaks and I can't turn off track changes.

Version of Word?

It sounds as if the document structures have been damaged. You might try copying
everything EXCEPT the section breaks and the last paragraph mark to a new document,
recreating the sections as you go.

If this is happening to you often, I'd rename Normal.dot to NormalOLD.dot before
recreating the document, so that you know you're starting "with a clean slate".

Every so often I will edit a document which I can do everything except delete
page breaks or section breaks. what am I doing wrong. I have tried plcing
the cursor before the break and pressing delete as well as highlighting it
and pressing delete.

What else is in the document, besides "just text"? Sometimes, a graphical object
or a table might be associated with an adjacent paragraph, which could have the
effect of "protecting" the section or page break as well.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow question or reply in
the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tom

Thanks Cindy,

I did a select all, copy and pasted into a new document and everything seems
fine...only some font changes, but I can handle that.

Hi ?B?VG9t?=,