Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Ann

Default Different margins for second page onwards

I am creating a template. I want the first page to have different headers,
footers and margins from subsequent pages. When I save the template, I want
only one page to be present.

I have used the €śDifferent First Page€ť in Page Setup to create the two sets
of headers and footers, which works great.

However, I cannot set different margins for the subsequent pages because
Page Setup only gives me the options Whole Document or From This Point
Forward. If I was doing this in an ordinary document for myself I would
insert a section break at the appropriate point and then create different
margins for that section.

But €“ I am setting up a blank template for others to use and therefore dont
want to put the section break in.

Is there a way to do this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Greg

See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
DeanH

If you create the second page (whether by insert page break, or however),
then set the margins, etc to how you want it. I tend to save just then.
Then delete the now, non-required second page. then re-save. I have found
that the settings for any second and beyond pages have been saved on this
file for any future user.

Best of luck.
DeanH

"Mary Ann" wrote:

I am creating a template. I want the first page to have different headers,
footers and margins from subsequent pages. When I save the template, I want
only one page to be present.

I have used the €śDifferent First Page€ť in Page Setup to create the two sets
of headers and footers, which works great.

However, I cannot set different margins for the subsequent pages because
Page Setup only gives me the options Whole Document or From This Point
Forward. If I was doing this in an ordinary document for myself I would
insert a section break at the appropriate point and then create different
margins for that section.

But €“ I am setting up a blank template for others to use and therefore dont
want to put the section break in.

Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Ann

Thank you for your reply Dean. I couldn't get this to work for me but now
have an alternative solution.

"Mary Ann" wrote:

I am creating a template. I want the first page to have different headers,
footers and margins from subsequent pages. When I save the template, I want
only one page to be present.

I have used the €śDifferent First Page€ť in Page Setup to create the two sets
of headers and footers, which works great.

However, I cannot set different margins for the subsequent pages because
Page Setup only gives me the options Whole Document or From This Point
Forward. If I was doing this in an ordinary document for myself I would
insert a section break at the appropriate point and then create different
margins for that section.

But €“ I am setting up a blank template for others to use and therefore dont
want to put the section break in.

Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Mary Ann

Thank you - useful site.

"Greg" wrote:

See:
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

What is generally done is to use (possibly borderless blank) text boxes or
frames in the header to simulate different margins.
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial
Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Mary Ann" wrote in message
I am creating a template. I want the first page to have different headers,
footers and margins from subsequent pages. When I save the template, I
want
only one page to be present.

I have used the "Different First Page" in Page Setup to create the two