Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ardekonstanza

Default how can I scroll down the next page?

Since a few weeks ago, for some reason, I cannot scroll down to the next page
in a word document in "print view". Word tells me that my document is only a
page long (1/1) at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. This happens
even if the document is 45 pages long. When i go to "print preview", it only
shows me the first page, and it is impossible to see any of the rest. I can
only visualize the entire document in "normal view". When time comes to
print, it thinks that the document is only one page long, so it only prints a
page.

Someone please help me....

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to Format | Columns. Make sure that "Apply to" is set to "Whole document"
and click on the One icon. If this solves the problem in the current
document, you'll need to make this change in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
finding and editing it.

"Ardekonstanza" wrote in message
Since a few weeks ago, for some reason, I cannot scroll down to the next

page
in a word document in "print view". Word tells me that my document is only

page long (1/1) at the bottom left hand corner of the screen. This happens
even if the document is 45 pages long. When i go to "print preview", it

only
shows me the first page, and it is impossible to see any of the rest. I

can
only visualize the entire document in "normal view". When time comes to
print, it thinks that the document is only one page long, so it only

prints a
page.

Someone please help me....

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ardekonstanza

Hi. Thank you very much for your help. I located normal.dot and deleted it.
Upon opening Word again, the new default normal.dot didn't have the strange
bug in it. As you mention in the explanatory page you attached, I have no
clue how I managed to alter normal.dot.

I had a bit of trouble locating folders, since I live in Spain and use
Spanish Windows....which makes it hard with names. Just one curiosity, when
you say "go to TOOLS", where would this be?

Thanks anyway!

Patrick

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Just one curiosity, when
you say "go to TOOLS", where would this be?

The beginning of the paragraph says "In Windows Explorer."

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Go to Format | Columns. Make sure that "Apply to" is set to "Whole

document"
and click on the One icon. If this solves the problem in the current
document, you'll need to make this change in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for

instructions on
finding and editing it.

newsgroup so