Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dreuby

Default Word XP - using template on first page only

I have downloaded a personal letter heading for Word XP, but when I reach
page two of the document, I'd like it to be blank rather than having the
template graphics. Is this possible? I'm using the work-around of having it
as two documents at the moment, but I'd like it all in one document if
possible.

TIA
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Anne Troy

Try these instructions:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/c...osoft_word.htm
************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com

"dreuby" wrote in message
I have downloaded a personal letter heading for Word XP, but when I reach
page two of the document, I'd like it to be blank rather than having the
template graphics. Is this possible? I'm using the work-around of having
it
as two documents at the moment, but I'd like it all in one document if
possible.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dreuby

For some reason, the template text and graphics aren't in the headers and
footers. But they also don't seem to be graphics - I've tried clicking on
them to delete them manually from the second page, but they don't select. I
have to insert blank lines to get my text far enough down the page to leave
the heading clear of overtyping.

"dreuby" wrote in message
I have downloaded a personal letter heading for Word XP, but when I reach
page two of the document, I'd like it to be blank rather than having the
template graphics. Is this possible? I'm using the work-around of having
it
as two documents at the moment, but I'd like it all in one document if
possible.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Charles Kenyon

Take a look at: How to set up letterhead or some other document where you
want one header on the first page and a different header on other pages.
http://www.addbalance.com/word/headersfooters.htm This gives step-by-step
instructions. (It also has the following links)

Some other pages to look at:

Letterhead Tips and Instructions
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/Letterhead.htm

Letterhead Textboxes and Styles tutorial
http://addbalance.com/word/download....StylesTutorial

Template Basics
http://www.addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm

How to Create a Template - Part 2 - essential reading
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Custom...platePart2.htm

Word "Forms"
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordw...rces.htm#Forms and

Word for Word Perfect Users
http://www.addbalance.com/word/wordperfect.htm if you are coming from a WP
environment (or even if you are not).

Hope this helps,
--

Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"dreuby" wrote in message
I have downloaded a personal letter heading for Word XP, but when I reach
page two of the document, I'd like it to be blank rather than having the
template graphics. Is this possible? I'm using the work-around of having
it
as two documents at the moment, but I'd like it all in one document if
possible.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor

If the graphics repeat on each new page then they *are* in the
header/footer. A header can be anywhere on the page. You may need the white
arrow on the drawing toolbar to be able to select a graphic that is behind
text (from the header view).

In order to have the graphics only on the front page you need to setup the
template to have a different first page, which the articles linked in this
thread will explain.

"dreuby" wrote in message
I have downloaded a personal letter heading for Word XP, but when I
reach page two of the document, I'd like it to be blank rather than
having the template graphics. Is this possible? I'm using the
work-around of having it
as two documents at the moment, but I'd like it all in one document
if possible.

TIA

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dreuby

Thanks to you all for that advice - I didn't realise that headers could be
anywhere on a page. I'll go through all the links given.

Thanks.