Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Apple6102 Apple6102 is offline

Default New word document always defults to 5.4"

When I open up a new word document the curser automatically goes to the
center of the page. At the bottom of the document it reads (Page1, Sec 1,
1/1 At 5.4" Ln 1 and Col 1). I am unable to start a document at the top of
the page. I must start the document at the middle of the page. How do I
correct this problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

On Sat, 13 Oct 2007 09:54:00 -0700, Apple6102
wrote:

When I open up a new word document the curser automatically goes to the
center of the page. At the bottom of the document it reads (Page1, Sec 1,
1/1 At 5.4" Ln 1 and Col 1). I am unable to start a document at the top of
the page. I must start the document at the middle of the page. How do I
correct this problem?

Your Normal.dot template is set to a vertical alignment of Centered.
Go to File Page Setup Layout, change the vertical alignment
dropdown to Top, and click the Default button to save the setting to
the template.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

How you correct the problem depends on which version of Word you have.
Unfortunately, you don't seem to know, and we can't see your screen from
here.

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on File | Page Setup | Layout tab |
Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK.

In Word 2007, click on Page Layout | Marginns: Custom Margins | Layout
tab | Vertical alignment: Top | Apply to: Whole document | Default | OK.

If you are prompted to save changes to your global template when you
exit Word, say yes.