Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
dande dande is offline

Default Word 2003 Document (Landscape)

Another question from this non-techno learner!

I am producing a landscape, two fold leaflet on Word 2003 and have created
the three columns and inserted copy and photographs. BUT, I find it
difficult to
centre the copy in each of the one third sections.

I have tried adjusting left and right margins in Page Setup but still I
have two much blank spaces to the right and left of the page. The copy just
doesn't look positioned corredctly in the left and right sections when the
finished producted is folded.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Rae Drysdale Rae Drysdale is offline

The gap between the columns need to be twice the left and right margins. If
the margins are 10 mm the gap between the columns needs to be 20 mm. You can
set this in Format | Columns and in the Spacing section. Make sure you tick
the equal columns option too. Does this help?
--
Rae Drysdale

"dande" wrote:

Another question from this non-techno learner!

I am producing a landscape, two fold leaflet on Word 2003 and have created
the three columns and inserted copy and photographs. BUT, I find it
difficult to
centre the copy in each of the one third sections.

I have tried adjusting left and right margins in Page Setup but still I
have two much blank spaces to the right and left of the page. The copy just
doesn't look positioned corredctly in the left and right sections when the
finished producted is folded.

Help please!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

This can also be expressed as: the space between the columns needs to be the
sum of the left and right margins (which should be equal). You may also find
that, to get the best appearance, you need to shift the whole thing left or
right a bit or make one column slightly narrower. This is a trial-and-error
process.