Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Tee Tony Tee is offline

Default corrupt file when .doc attachment email sent with pics

I've noticed I can add large pics to my word document but when I send this
..doc attachment the file is corrupt on the receiving end once sent.

I have been asking my ISP if they can help too but no luck there yet either.

Is it something to do with the page set-up perhaps? Large .jpg pics, say 2
meg in size, being inserted into the document, maybe they're too big to fit
the page? But it saves and re-opens fine my end, it just that if the overall
file size (say, over about 4 meg), or use certain big pics in the document,
it will get corrupted as its being sent through my ISP email and trying to
open it other send is corrupted.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You might consider zipping the file before attaching or sending as PDF.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Tony Tee" wrote in message
I've noticed I can add large pics to my word document but when I send this
.doc attachment the file is corrupt on the receiving end once sent.

I have been asking my ISP if they can help too but no luck there yet
either.

Is it something to do with the page set-up perhaps? Large .jpg pics, say 2
meg in size, being inserted into the document, maybe they're too big to
fit the page? But it saves and re-opens fine my end, it just that if the
overall file size (say, over about 4 meg), or use certain big pics in the
document, it will get corrupted as its being sent through my ISP email and
trying to open it other send is corrupted.

Any ideas?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Tony Tee Tony Tee is offline

"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
You might consider zipping the file before attaching or sending as PDF.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Thanks,

I can't send it as either because I don't have the software but my company
specifically requested that it be sent in ASAP as a .doc file attached to an
email.

Something to do with their clients requests.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As you can get free software to do either the software is not the issue. The
issue is whether you want to send a corrupt document or not. E-mail often
corrupts complex (and sometimes not so complex) documents.

Tony Tee wrote:
"CyberTaz" typegeneraltaz1ATcomcastdotnet wrote in message
You might consider zipping the file before attaching or sending as
PDF. --
HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

Thanks,

I can't send it as either because I don't have the software but my
company specifically requested that it be sent in ASAP as a .doc file
attached to an email.

Something to do with their clients requests.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In addition to Graham's response, if you send it zipped it *would* be a .doc
file - just protected from the wrath of the Exchange Server's Henchmen:-)

http://www.winzip.com/index.htm

Most everything there has free trials available & the cost factor for
licensing is minimal.
--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones