Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default how to delete white background color of Wikipedia

I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change highlight) to
change the color but failed. What command controls this color and isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

In all probability you wound up pasting as an HTML table.

If you aren't concerned about the text formatting itself, one option is to
select the table, cut, then use EditPaste Special - Unformatted Text to
paste in the text only. This technique will enable you to avoid similar
situations in the future - just use Paste Special rather than plain ol'
Paste. (Or use the Paste Options button that appears when you paste - click
it & choose Keep Text Only from the shortcut menu.
--
HTH |:)
Bob Jones

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change highlight) to
change the color but failed. What command controls this color and isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD day by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading?

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change highlight) to
change the color but failed. What command controls this color and isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Do you want to delete them or just unlink them?

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD day by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change highlight)

change the color but failed. What command controls this color and

isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

I want to remove only underlines.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you want to delete them or just unlink them?

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD day by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change highlight)

change the color but failed. What command controls this color and

isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

This Replace operation should do the trick:

1. Press Alt+F9 to toggle field codes so that your hyperlinks are displaying
as { HYPERLINK "http://... }

2. Press Ctrl+H to open the Replace dialog.

3. In the "Find what" box, type "^19 HYPERLINK" (without the quotation
marks).

4. In the "Replace with" box, type "^&" (without the quotation marks).

5. Click More to expand the dialog. Click back in the "Replace with" box.

6. Click on Format, then Style. Select "Default Paragraph Font."

7. Replace All.

8. Alt+F9 to toggle back to display of field results.

This will remove the Hyperlink character style, leaving the hyperlinks still
active.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you want to delete them or just unlink them?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was

helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD day

by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change

highlight)
change the color but failed. What command controls this color and

isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Thanks for your nice and smart solution. I really enjoyed it.
Clicking on hyperlinks in Word works but IE behavior becomes strange. Like
black window but when move mouse over page, that part become visible. I think
this is sort of bug in my computer.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you want to delete them or just unlink them?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was

helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD day

by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Format | Borders and Shading?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
I copied a text from Wikipedia to Word.
Back ground color is white. I tried many usual ways (Change

highlight)
change the color but failed. What command controls this color and
isn't it
possible to make same color as rest of documents?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Actually, a better option for this situation (which could easily be reversed
for documents destined for Web use) is to redefine the Hyperlink and
Followed Hyperlink styles so that they are not colored or underlined.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Do you want to delete them or just unlink them?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Khoshravan" wrote in message
Thanks a lot. I haven't used those commands (Border) so it was

helpful.
Thanks to you and all other NG active members, I am mastering WORD

day
by
day for which I appreciate all yours efforts and endless replies.

One more question regarding copyy/paste of text from HTTP:

Is there any easy way to delete all hyperlinks in the text at

once?
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan