Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ant Ant is offline

Default Formats for a Table of Contents

I would like to create my own format/ style for a TOC. I can see that when
generating a TOC in Word 2003 at the bottom of the TOB dialog box under
general, you can select a format, Classic, Distinctive, Fancy etc but I
would like to create my own. Can anyone tell me how to do this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Just modify the TOC styles. Since all the TOC styles are by default set to
auto-update, it will usually suffice to format a single TOC entry at a given
level. If you want to customize the TOC in a specific document template, you
can either change the styles in the template or actually go to the Modify
Style dialog and check the "Add to template" box. You can modify styles when
you create the TOC by clicking the Modify... button in the TOC dialog. For
more on customizing TOCs, see http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/TOCTips.htm