Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
minignaz minignaz is offline

Default Mail Merge Query

I have been asked to do a mailmerge between an Excel file and a Word
Document, the excel file has 2 groupd of contact names (Agent / Personal),
the personal is always unique, but the Agent will be repeated depending on
how many times the agent is needed.

I wish to merge a document based on the Agent, but only have 1 document
produced whenever the agent name changes.

The problem is that I need a way of, on that single document, displaying all
of the other contact details of the personal fields.

Is there away of doing this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Sounds like you are probably trying to perform a "multiple items per
condition (=key field)" mailmerge which Word does not really have the
ability to do:

See the "Group Multiple items for a single condition" item on fellow MVP
Cindy Meister's website at

http://homepage.swissonline.ch/cindy...faq1.htm#DBPic

Or take a look at the following Knowledge Base Article

or at

http://www.knowhow.com/Guides/Compou...poundMerge.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"minignaz" wrote in message
I have been asked to do a mailmerge between an Excel file and a Word
Document, the excel file has 2 groupd of contact names (Agent / Personal),
the personal is always unique, but the Agent will be repeated depending on
how many times the agent is needed.

I wish to merge a document based on the Agent, but only have 1 document
produced whenever the agent name changes.

The problem is that I need a way of, on that single document, displaying
all
of the other contact details of the personal fields.

Is there away of doing this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
minignaz minignaz is offline

Thank you, that seems like it will do the job (I've only glanced at it, and
will have a better look soon).
Thanks again.