Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
MedTrans64 MedTrans64 is offline

Default document loses footer in rtf format

I have a transcription service. One of my transcriptionists has a problem
with documents saved in rtf. On her computer she can see the document footer
however when the document is sent to me and I open it on my computer, the
footer is gone and the header/footer margins in page setup are changed. This
does not happen with any of my other transcriptionists. What could be the
problem? She is using Office Word 2000 and I am using 2003. She was having a
problem earlier with her document size being much larger than the others and
that was resolved (thanks to this board!). Here's hoping that this issue can
be solved as well.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?TWVkVHJhbnM2NA==?=,

I have a transcription service. One of my transcriptionists has a problem
with documents saved in rtf. On her computer she can see the document footer
however when the document is sent to me and I open it on my computer, the
footer is gone and the header/footer margins in page setup are changed. This
does not happen with any of my other transcriptionists. What could be the
problem? She is using Office Word 2000 and I am using 2003. She was having a
problem earlier with her document size being much larger than the others and
that was resolved (thanks to this board!). Here's hoping that this issue can
be solved as well.

Sounds very strange, indeed... Normally, I'd associate the described behavior
with using Insert/File to "open" the document, rather than File/Open. I don't
suppose that's what you're doing? (That would make life too simple, I suspect)

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)