Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJPMCP CJPMCP is offline

Default Simple footer-chapter-doc join question NOT Endnotes

Word 2007
I have several chapters needing to be joined within one document.
Currently the footer diplays consecutive page numbers with chapter # also.
How do join the new chapters (documents), to be recognised by the
footnote-function? Currently when I add them everything reads consecutive
except every chapter is chapter 1? it reads " 1 - 1" etc.. Chapter two reads
"1 - 114", etc
I tried the section break method with no joy. Creating 1 chapter doing the
section break then adding chapter 2. Still reads the same.
And I shudder to mention endnotes since eveyone here loves to tell you about
them even if you have no wish to use them. I don't.
Simple footer-chapter-doc join question NOT Endnotes Thank you for your
help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

I am not really sure what you are on about, but if there is a Section Break
between each chapter, use the following

{ SECTION } - { PAGE }

Use Ctrl+F9 to insert the field delimiters and Alt+F9 to toggle off their
display.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"CJPMCP" wrote in message
Word 2007
I have several chapters needing to be joined within one document.
Currently the footer diplays consecutive page numbers with chapter # also.
How do join the new chapters (documents), to be recognised by the
footnote-function? Currently when I add them everything reads consecutive
except every chapter is chapter 1? it reads " 1 - 1" etc.. Chapter two
reads
"1 - 114", etc
I tried the section break method with no joy. Creating 1 chapter doing the
section break then adding chapter 2. Still reads the same.
And I shudder to mention endnotes since eveyone here loves to tell you
about
them even if you have no wish to use them. I don't.
Simple footer-chapter-doc join question NOT Endnotes Thank you for your
help!!!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CJPMCP CJPMCP is offline

Thanks! The Section field did the trick.

Thank you Sir!

"CJPMCP" wrote in message
Word 2007
I have several chapters needing to be joined within one document.
Currently the footer diplays consecutive page numbers with chapter # also.
How do join the new chapters (documents), to be recognised by the
footnote-function? Currently when I add them everything reads consecutive
except every chapter is chapter 1? it reads " 1 - 1" etc.. Chapter two
reads
"1 - 114", etc
I tried the section break method with no joy. Creating 1 chapter doing the
section break then adding chapter 2. Still reads the same.
And I shudder to mention endnotes since eveyone here loves to tell you
about
them even if you have no wish to use them. I don't.
Simple footer-chapter-doc join question NOT Endnotes Thank you for your
help!!!

changing chapter endnotes to end of book LostInEndnotes Page Layout 4 February 14th 06 09:02 PM
Simple (I think) line or underline question GMLutz New Users 2 April 26th 05 11:35 PM
Probably a simple AutoFormat Question but I can't figure it out ! KH Microsoft Word Help 1 March 10th 05 09:56 AM
simple word question rvance New Users 8 February 1st 05 02:16 AM
Simple Tab Question Steve Page Layout 11 January 30th 05 12:39 AM