Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deells45

Default How to create imput masks

Using Word 2003. I want to create an input mask for telephone numbers in a
word document, can this be done?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Herb Tyson [MVP]

Depending on what you want to do, you might be able to accomplish this using
a text form field, where the format is (###) ###-#### (for the U.S., for
example).

On the Forms toolbar, click Text Form Field to insert the form field where
you want. Then, double-click the resulting field and set Type to Number,
maximum length to 10, and format to (###) ###-####.

Then, when you protect the document for forms entry, entering 5555555555 and
tabbing out of that field will cause it to be displayed as (555) 555-5555.

Unless you're using a form, however, it's not clear if this will accomplish
what you want.

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"deells45" wrote in message
Using Word 2003. I want to create an input mask for telephone numbers in
word document, can this be done?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor

Apart from form fields suggested by Herb, the only other method is to use a
mask on a Word field eg

{ FILLIN "Enter phone number" \# "(###) ###'-'####" }