T. Duprex

Default Getting $cuprinter.dot screen. HOw do I get rid of?

I just started getting a File Conversion - $cuprinter.dot screen when
opening Word docs.

It says select the encoding that makes your document readable. There are
three radio buttons and the one for Windows (Default) is set. I don't do
anything but hit OK and my document opens okay and on some documents I get
tiny Microsoft Word screen that says "The add-in template is not valid.
( ... $cuprinter.dot). I click okay and the Word file opens. I've
searched for $cuprinter.dot and can not find it.

Where does this File Conversion screen come from? and how can I get rid
of it? I am running Windows 2002 on Windows xp.

TIA
G Bell

I have been having the same problem figured out the solution. If you
DOCUPRINTER there is a docuprinter.dot template in the c:\Documents and
Settings\(username)\Application Data\Microsoft\Word\Startup

In addition, there was the $cuprinter.dot . Deleting that one fixed the
problem completely.

cometfinder