Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
lindy lindy is offline

Default First column

I am typine a 20 column table. How do I type in the first column and first
row and return to the first column second row below without tabbing all the
way across the 20 columnws?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
tim tim is offline

Uhhh...move your cursor to the second row, first column and click once. Or
use the arrow keys.

Tim

"Lindy" wrote in message
I am typine a 20 column table. How do I type in the first column and first
row and return to the first column second row below without tabbing all
the
way across the 20 columnws?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

Lindy wrote:
I am typine a 20 column table. How do I type in the first column and
first row and return to the first column second row below without
tabbing all the way across the 20 columnws?

First add a bunch of empty rows to the table. When the cursor is at the end
of the text in the first cell, press the down arrow key to go to the next
row in the same column.

If you have empty rows left over when you've typed all the data, select them
and click Table Delete Rows.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman