Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Edsel62 Edsel62 is offline

Default Windows XP and Word 2007

I am using a computer with Windows XP Professional with the latest service
packs and print drivers for XP. My printer is an HP Color Laserjet 3800. I am
also using Word 2007.

Whenever I create a table with the cells filled in black and the text done
in white my print out completely loses the text. The cells print out as solid
black with the text missing. The print preview looks just the way I want it
but the printout is not usable.

Do I need to install Vista drivers? Will they even work on an XP machine?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will find the latest experimental printer drivers at
http://www.hp.com/pond/ljbeta/ Whether this will fix the problem is anyone's
giess, but it certainly sounds like a printer driver issue.

Edsel62 wrote:
I am using a computer with Windows XP Professional with the latest
service packs and print drivers for XP. My printer is an HP Color
Laserjet 3800. I am also using Word 2007.

Whenever I create a table with the cells filled in black and the text
done in white my print out completely loses the text. The cells print
out as solid black with the text missing. The print preview looks
just the way I want it but the printout is not usable.

Do I need to install Vista drivers? Will they even work on an XP
machine?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Edsel62 Edsel62 is offline

Thanks for the responce. It turns out the problem was my fault. The very
first thing I tried to print in Word 2007 was using an uncommon font that I
had never used before. It turns out that the font was not a true type font
and so it would not work with a shaded background. In fact I am pretty sure
that particular font wouldn't work with any print driver. Once I changed font
the problem was no more.