Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mkraft mkraft is offline

Default How get more than two decimal places in values returned by formula

I needed to do some simple math calculations which didn't require Excel, so I
created a WORD table with formulas.

I discovered, however, that values returned by the formulas I created never
show more than two decimal places. Since some of the calculations I set up
(via formulas) result in miniscule quantities -- i.e., numbers like
0.0000468, I need to see more than two decimal places. WORD, however, is
displaying these results as 0.00.

How can I define the numbers to include more than two decimal places, so
that their true values are displayed?

Thanks. Replies appreciated.

P.S. - Sorry, but this is in WORD 97 if that makes any difference.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

You can add a numeric picture switch for as many decimal places as you want.
See http://www.gmayor.com/formatting_word_fields.htm. The Formula dialog
includes a dropdown for "Number format." It may not be clear that this is a
combo box: you can type in any format you want.

"mkraft" wrote in message
I needed to do some simple math calculations which didn't require Excel,

so I
created a WORD table with formulas.

I discovered, however, that values returned by the formulas I created

never
show more than two decimal places. Since some of the calculations I set

up
(via formulas) result in miniscule quantities -- i.e., numbers like
0.0000468, I need to see more than two decimal places. WORD, however, is
displaying these results as 0.00.

How can I define the numbers to include more than two decimal places, so
that their true values are displayed?

Thanks. Replies appreciated.

P.S. - Sorry, but this is in WORD 97 if that makes any difference.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
mkraft mkraft is offline

Default How get more than two decimal places in values returned by for

The Formula dialog includes a dropdown for "Number format." It may not be
clear
that this is a combo box: you can type in any format you want.

Thanks! The picture switch method is over my head but your other solution
is quite okay.

I didn't realize the 'number format' field was not limited to the dropdown
selections -- i.e., that it's user-definable. Much appreciated.