Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word
[email protected] noneof@yourbusiness.com is offline

Default Insert Table -- drop down missing -- why?

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I use Word 2000. I recently had my computer crash and had to
reinstall from scratch on a new one (groan!). After the reinstall, I
notice that, when I click the Insert Table button, the drop down I'm
used to seeing for choosing the number of rows and columns does not
appear. Instead, after releasing the mouse button a dialog box opens
for me to choose the rows and columns plus the autofit parameters.

How to I get the simple drop down to appear?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word

I've never understood why this command goes missing (or is replaced), but
the one you want to restore is TableInsertGeneral from All Commands in Tools

wrote in message
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction.

I use Word 2000. I recently had my computer crash and had to
reinstall from scratch on a new one (groan!). After the reinstall, I
notice that, when I click the Insert Table button, the drop down I'm
used to seeing for choosing the number of rows and columns does not
appear. Instead, after releasing the mouse button a dialog box opens
for me to choose the rows and columns plus the autofit parameters.

How to I get the simple drop down to appear?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables,microsoft.public.word
[email protected] noneof@yourbusiness.com is offline

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007 16:01:31 -0500, "Suzanne S. Barnhill"
wrote:

I've never understood why this command goes missing (or is replaced), but
the one you want to restore is TableInsertGeneral from All Commands in Tools
| Customize.

Suzanne, you're a genius. Thank you, thank you, thank you.