Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MR MR is offline

Default corrupt tables

I am having a problem with corrupted tables in Word 2002 (Windows XP).
Sometimes my tables are fine and then I seem to go through periods where a
batch of tables in different files that I am working on corrupt. These are
not always complex tables (some a small as 2 rows and 6 - 8 columns). There
are not always multiple tables in the document. I tried downloading various
MS service packs, but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this
problem?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

What is the exact problem you are experiencing?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MR" wrote:

I am having a problem with corrupted tables in Word 2002 (Windows XP).
Sometimes my tables are fine and then I seem to go through periods where a
batch of tables in different files that I am working on corrupt. These are
not always complex tables (some a small as 2 rows and 6 - 8 columns). There
are not always multiple tables in the document. I tried downloading various
MS service packs, but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
MR MR is offline

The tables are corrupted and can't be worked with. It often freezes my
machine when I try to edit or remove the corrupted tables.

"MR" wrote:

I am having a problem with corrupted tables in Word 2002 (Windows XP).
Sometimes my tables are fine and then I seem to go through periods where a
batch of tables in different files that I am working on corrupt. These are
not always complex tables (some a small as 2 rows and 6 - 8 columns). There
are not always multiple tables in the document. I tried downloading various
MS service packs, but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this
problem?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

Have you tried copying into a fresh document, as explained at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/corruptdoc.htm ?

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"MR" wrote:

I am having a problem with corrupted tables in Word 2002 (Windows XP).
Sometimes my tables are fine and then I seem to go through periods where a
batch of tables in different files that I am working on corrupt. These are
not always complex tables (some a small as 2 rows and 6 - 8 columns). There
are not always multiple tables in the document. I tried downloading various
MS service packs, but nothing has helped. Does anyone know how to fix this
problem?

Word 2003 and Corrupt Tables A DeLew Tables 5 November 8th 06 01:05 AM
corrupt tables message werekenn Tables 2 September 19th 06 09:19 AM
Corrupt Tables of Contents seashell Tables 4 September 4th 06 06:19 PM
Corrupt tables StressMonkey Formatting Long Documents 3 August 15th 06 04:45 PM
Tables becoming corrupt in short documents joelgee Tables 5 September 20th 05 04:01 PM