Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Default Increase Indent problem

Word 2003 SP2

I have an unusual situation.

Looking with "Formatting in Use", one paragraph says Normal.
The next paragraph had the Increase Indent toolbar button applied to a
Normal paragraph.
For some strange reason, the Increase Indent paragraph still says Normal in
the Formatting in Use even though the paragraph is obviously indented. This
situation only appears for this document. If I create a new document, the
Increase Indent creates a "Left: 36 pt" as expected. The document with the
problem is important so I would like to correct this unusual problem.
Copying it to a blank document does not seem to help. Any feedback on how to
correct it is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
aneasiertomorrow aneasiertomorrow is offline

Hi John

Very odd. Have you tried open and repair? On a copy of the document to be on
the safe side.

Lucy
--
MOS Master Instructor
www.aneasiertomorrow.com.au major overhaul completed 26/4/07

If this post answered your question please let us know as others may be
interested too

"John" wrote:

Word 2003 SP2

I have an unusual situation.

Looking with "Formatting in Use", one paragraph says Normal.
The next paragraph had the Increase Indent toolbar button applied to a
Normal paragraph.
For some strange reason, the Increase Indent paragraph still says Normal in
the Formatting in Use even though the paragraph is obviously indented. This
situation only appears for this document. If I create a new document, the
Increase Indent creates a "Left: 36 pt" as expected. The document with the
problem is important so I would like to correct this unusual problem.
Copying it to a blank document does not seem to help. Any feedback on how to
correct it is appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
John John is offline

Lucy

Thanks for the suggestion.
Unfortunately, open and repair does not help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Bear[_2_] Bear[_2_] is offline

Isn't there a way to disable format tracking? If it can be done on a document
basis, perhaps this document has turned it off?

Bear

--
Windows XP, Word 2000

Increase Indent John New Users 6 November 1st 06 10:15 PM
Unusual effect with Increase Indent John New Users 2 August 24th 06 02:40 PM
Tab key used to increase an indent in numbered list but now won't Tim Iglesias Microsoft Word Help 4 April 21st 06 12:35 AM
Increase Indent Anonymous Microsoft Word Help 2 February 26th 06 02:15 AM
how come my tab key doesn't increase the outline indent? williebob Microsoft Word Help 1 July 26th 05 10:07 PM