Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
KrazyKat314 KrazyKat314 is offline

Default Email recipients open up my attached resume and document is blank.

I am trying to send my resume to agencies. It is a Word document that is
blank when they open it. Sometimes when I try to open my resume myself there
is a dialog box asking me if I want to merge changes to my resume in another
location but I have not made any changes. Now in Word I have resume10,
resume11, resume12,etc.etc.
Can't get get a new job without sending my email electronically.Help!
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
FredFred FredFred is offline

I'd start by double checking / getting detailed on the observations. Do
they see your document as a (.doc) attachment? Does it actually open in
Word (i.e. are they really seeing a [blank] Word document?

I say this because by far the most common problem with unopenable
attachments is a defect in Outlook. (I suppose that Bill Gates would call the
defect a marketing tactic) If you are using it and send in anything but
text format, nobody can see/open the attachment except people who are using
Microsoft email clients (e.g. Outlook). The solution is to switch from
Outlook to Thunderbird or compose/send in text format in Outlook.