Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_16_] Steve[_16_] is offline

Default Word Tables

Word2007

Is there a way to cut a a section of cells out of a Word table and paste
them into another part of the table or paste them into a different table?

I want to redesign an existing table by either modifying the table or
creating a new table and pasting in parts of the existing table.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Moving a row or column is no problem, but moving single cells presents
difficulties. Without seeing the table in question and knowing the goals, it
is difficult to offer a definitive answer to the latter though.

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Word2007

Is there a way to cut a a section of cells out of a Word table and paste
them into another part of the table or paste them into a different table?

I want to redesign an existing table by either modifying the table or
creating a new table and pasting in parts of the existing table.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_16_] Steve[_16_] is offline

I am designing a series of paystubs for a client. I start in landscape and
draw a table then add columns and rows to setup labels and their
corresponding value. This all works fine. After a landscape version is
completed, I next need to design a portrait version. Rather than strating
from scratch, I'd like to be able to cut and paste from the landscape
version and design the portrait version.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Word2007

Is there a way to cut a a section of cells out of a Word table and paste
them into another part of the table or paste them into a different table?

I want to redesign an existing table by either modifying the table or
creating a new table and pasting in parts of the existing table.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Why don't you just save the Landscape version, then change the page
orientation, make desired adjustments and then save the Protrait version
with a different filename.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Word2007

Is there a way to cut a a section of cells out of a Word table and paste
them into another part of the table or paste them into a different
table?

I want to redesign an existing table by either modifying the table or
creating a new table and pasting in parts of the existing table.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Steve[_16_] Steve[_16_] is offline

Doug, thanks for responding!

That's exactly what I am wanting to do. My question pertains to making
desired adjustments. I start with the Landscape version renamed and want o
cut and paste sections of the table to make the table fit the Portrait
orientation.

Steve

"Steve" wrote in message
m...
Word2007

Is there a way to cut a a section of cells out of a Word table and
paste them into another part of the table or paste them into a
different table?

I want to redesign an existing table by either modifying the table or
creating a new table and pasting in parts of the existing table.

Thanks!

Steve

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Try this. Convert to Portrait using the Page Setup dialog. Then with the
insertion point in the table, right-click and select AutoFit to Window.

That should get you with the table into a manageable shape with just maybe a
few minor adjustments needed.

Terry

m...