Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bill bill is offline

Default vertical justification

Hi,

New to Word. In my previous word processor it was possible to vertically
justify text, so that as I entered text, it would appear in the middle of the
space between top and bottom margins. Adding text would gradually move the
text block both up and down on the page so it remained centered between top
and bottom.

I can't seem to find a way to make Word do this automatically, as opposed to
approximately centering the text by means of inserting carriage returns to
push the text down to where it should be.

Is automatic vertical justification possible in Word? Perhaps it is called
something else in the online help?

Thanks,

Bill
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Look at your Page set-up option. (In 2003, it's File - Page Setup) Layout
tab - halfway down: Page. change to centered.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Bill" wrote in message
Hi,

New to Word. In my previous word processor it was possible to vertically
justify text, so that as I entered text, it would appear in the middle of
the
space between top and bottom margins. Adding text would gradually move the
text block both up and down on the page so it remained centered between
top
and bottom.

I can't seem to find a way to make Word do this automatically, as opposed
approximately centering the text by means of inserting carriage returns to
push the text down to where it should be.

Is automatic vertical justification possible in Word? Perhaps it is called
something else in the online help?

Thanks,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

It sounds like you want the text on the page to be vertically centered. You
can set this on the
Layout tab of the Page setup dialog. In W2007, Page layout ribbon Page
setup group click arrow at bottom right. In W2003& before ( I am going
from memory here), File Page setup.

PamC

Bill wrote:
Hi,

New to Word. In my previous word processor it was possible to vertically
justify text, so that as I entered text, it would appear in the middle of the
space between top and bottom margins. Adding text would gradually move the
text block both up and down on the page so it remained centered between top
and bottom.

I can't seem to find a way to make Word do this automatically, as opposed to
approximately centering the text by means of inserting carriage returns to
push the text down to where it should be.

Is automatic vertical justification possible in Word? Perhaps it is called
something else in the online help?

Thanks,

Bill

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
bill bill is offline

Thank you all. That's just what I needed to know.

Bil

"JoAnn Paules"
"CyberTaz" &
PamC via OfficeKB.com

All wrote (more or less):

Look at your Page set-up option. (In 2003, it's File - Page Setup) Layout
tab - halfway down: Page. change to centered.

Justification in all Styles ll Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 07 04:06 PM
justification new page bug Bev Microsoft Word Help 3 August 16th 05 12:33 AM
Justification gilbertaue Microsoft Word Help 1 June 5th 05 04:35 PM
Justification IMD Page Layout 1 March 10th 05 09:06 PM
justification Nelson Moffat Microsoft Word Help 4 November 29th 04 07:05 PM