Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marsh Marsh is offline

Default Page References

I am attempting to reference a page in one file from a page in another file
so that if the pagination changes I can update the page reference by updating
a field. I do not see a way to get the Pageref field to do this.
I have seen a reference to the RD field but can not get it to work, I am not
even sure if this is the correct approach.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

Marsh
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
macropod[_2_] macropod[_2_] is offline

Hi Marsh,

In the source document:
.. Insert a PAGEREF field pointing to whatever you want to refer to.
.. Select the PAGEREF field, press Ctrl-F9 to enclose it in another field, which will look something like { #}, where # is your page
#
.. Edit the field thus created so that it contains: {SET PgRef #}, then press F9 to update the field. Note: the field will disappear
and all you may see is a bookmark indicator. So you might want to put these fields in the document header or footer, where they're
less likely to be accidentally deleted.

In the target document:
.. Insert an INCLUDETEXT field pointing to the source document, and add the 'PgRef' bookmark reference.

--
Cheers
macropod

"Marsh" wrote in message ...
I am attempting to reference a page in one file from a page in another file
so that if the pagination changes I can update the page reference by updating
a field. I do not see a way to get the Pageref field to do this.
I have seen a reference to the RD field but can not get it to work, I am not
even sure if this is the correct approach.
Any guidance will be appreciated.

Marsh

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Marsh Marsh is offline

Wow, a bit complex - I will study your suggestion, and give it a try.
I may be back for a bit more guidance.
Thank you.
Marsh