Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next

Default prevent txt file from opening as html?

I have a small txt file that contains snippets of web pages (to study). I know the file is txt because it was born in a text editor. :-)
When opening in word 2000, Word seems to 'sniff out' some of the tags, and decide the file is html. The result looks a bit funny;
a mix of exposed and unexposed tags :-)

But the problem is this means I can't use my word macros to work with the file.

Any setting somewhere to force Word to open txt as txt? Or, for each time this may happen (obviously very rarely), do I have to
"switch to raw html mode"?

Btw, another txt file with same the first lines (not resembling html at all) opens properly as txt.

--
two of these groups seem pertinent, but are ghost towns, so i also x-post to the heavily used group.