Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Edddd Edddd is offline

Default Emailing in Word 2007 Vista Home Premium

The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out. Is
there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Edddd" wrote in message
The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out. Is
there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?

And you are using Windows Mail as your email client? WM doesn't use MAPI.
You either need to buy and install Outlook, or download and install Mozilla
Thunderbird (similar to WM but better and also free)

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Edddd Edddd is offline

Yes I am using Windows Mail. I find it amazing that two Microsoft products
do not talk to one another. Thanks for the prompt reply. What is MAPI?

"Gordon" wrote:

"Edddd" wrote in message
The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out. Is
there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?

And you are using Windows Mail as your email client? WM doesn't use MAPI.
You either need to buy and install Outlook, or download and install Mozilla
Thunderbird (similar to WM but better and also free)

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MAPI

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

OE isn't fully MAPI-compliant, either, and I can use it from Word 2007. Are
you sure Windows Mail can't be used?

http://word.mvps.org

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Edddd" wrote in message
The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out. Is
there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?

And you are using Windows Mail as your email client? WM doesn't use MAPI.
You either need to buy and install Outlook, or download and install
Mozilla Thunderbird (similar to WM but better and also free)

HTH

--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

The "E-mail" command is missing or is unavailable in Excel 2007, in
PowerPoint 2007, or in Word 2007
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/918792

Edddd wrote:
The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out.
Is there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon[_2_] Gordon[_2_] is offline

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
OE isn't fully MAPI-compliant, either, and I can use it from Word 2007.
Are you sure Windows Mail can't be used?

Not "100" % certain because I don't use it either, but I have heard this as
a reason why users of Home and Student can't email from within an Office
application. I don't think the email client has to be fully MAPI, just
simple MAPI. I have read somewhere that WM doesn't use the MAPI engine...
--
Asking a question?
your OS, Service Pack level

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Well, I haven't tried actually using either, but I have both Send to Mail
Recipient and Send to Mail Recipient (as Attachment) with OE in Word 2007. I
have Outlook 2003 (not 2007) installed, and it is not set as my default mail
client (I use OE). If I use either of those commands, it brings up a mail
header with or without message form. I haven't gone so far as to try to send
anything, but it appears to work.

But I'm running Windows XP, so it's quite possible that under Vista, with
WM, the situation might be different.

http://word.mvps.org

Edddd wrote:
The option to email a document from my version of Word is grayed out.
Is there something that I need to do to activitate this ability?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Take a look at the following thread

http://groups.google.com/group/micro...u blic.word.*

in which one respondent (Bob Keene) advised:

Solved problem of greyed out send email by downloading from the Microsoft
website the 2007 Microsoft Office Add-in: Save as PDF or XPS. This added
these features and opened the greyed out Sending email.

Unquote

You can download that add-in from:

Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.