Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Peters19 Peters19 is offline

Default Word Bookmark should close after Go To and remain open after Add

When I use Bookmarks in documents, it is usually so that I can move back and
forth between two or more locations. For this, at the location I am currently
at, I need to Add the bookmark. I then need to Go To another bookmark to do
whatever editing is needed there, or to review something. Having completed
that action, I need to Add that second bookmark, and then Go To the previous
one. It is frustrating that the dialogue box for bookmark remains open after
GoTo and I have to close it manually, whereas, after Add, it automatically
closes, and I have to open it again to Go To the other bookmark. These should
be the opposite way around. The bookmark dialogue box should remain open
after Add, allowing one to then Go To another one, and should close
automatically after GoTo.

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Peters19,

Did you know.....?
"
Microsoft Word keeps track of the last three locations where you typed or edited
text.

a. To return to a previous editing location, press SHIFT+F5 until you reach
the location you want.

Note You can also use this feature to return to a previous location after
saving your document.
"
(From HELP.)
--