Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melanie Beck Melanie Beck is offline

Default Update fields across multiple documents

I wasn't sure which list to post this question on, so I picked this one.

One of our users wants to automatically populate fields in several documents from one document. She is our HR adminstrator, and she said there are sometimes up to 15 documents that new hires have to fill out when they are hired. She said it would be much easier if she (the HRA) could type the new hire's information into one document (such as name, address, phone, SSN, hire date) and have those fields populated in the other documents.

My first thought was to use a REF code, but I don't know how to use that across documents. Any ideas? Thanks for your help.