Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mathilde Mathilde is offline

Default typing text in Word 2007

Word 2007 is unstable when typing in text. Typed text does not stay in
place. Typed text skips at random. New typed characters appear in the
middle of the sentence above. this occours at least once per line of text
and somtimes more frequently. As I am a professional writer this makes Word
2007 unusable. Can anyone advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mathilde Mathilde is offline

Thank you for your reply, Graham. I had actually thought that myself and
taken note of how I type. However as I am an well trained typist, use a
mouse with the laptop and myhands never go anywhere near the touchpad I'm
still puzzled.

Mathilde wrote:
Word 2007 is unstable when typing in text. Typed text does not stay
in place. Typed text skips at random. New typed characters appear
in the middle of the sentence above. this occours at least once per
line of text and somtimes more frequently. As I am a professional
writer this makes Word 2007 unusable. Can anyone advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Turn the touchpad off. Some are so sensitive that tapping the keyboard will
activate their tap function.
You will probably have to turn it off from the BIOS.

Mathilde wrote:
Word 2007 is unstable when typing in text. Typed text does not stay
in place. Typed text skips at random. New typed characters appear
in the middle of the sentence above. this occours at least once
per line of text and somtimes more frequently. As I am a
professional writer this makes Word 2007 unusable. Can anyone
advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mathilde Mathilde is offline

Thank you again Graham - that's a really useful suggestion. However as I am
a congential Mac user who has only very recently switched to this new PC I
don't know how to do this. What are BIOS?

Mathilde

Mathilde wrote:
Word 2007 is unstable when typing in text. Typed text does not stay
in place. Typed text skips at random. New typed characters appear
in the middle of the sentence above. this occours at least once
per line of text and somtimes more frequently. As I am a
professional writer this makes Word 2007 unusable. Can anyone
advise.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You will need to consult your laptop's documentation (probably from their
web site) on how to access the particular BIOS used on yours.
The BIOS is software stored in flash ROM on the motherboard of your PC which
stores essential data about the PC hardware. You can access it by pressing a
certain key combination whilst the PC is booting. See
http://computer.howstuffworks.com/bios3.htm. DON'T CHANGE ANYTHING YOU DON'T
UNDERSTAND!!!