Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HelenS HelenS is offline

Default Using a drop down box selection to populate areas in a document

Hi

I am creating a document which will be accessed by 3+ organisations via
their websites. I would like to use a drop down box at the beginning of the
document for them to select their appropriate organisational name which would
then populate the document with that name where necessary. Is that possible
or is there an alternative way of doing this?

Thanks
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com Doug Robbins - Word MVP on news.microsoft.com is offline

See the following pages of fellow MVP Greg Maxey's website :

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Create_and...a_UserForm.htm

http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Populate_UserForm_ListBox.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"HelenS" wrote in message
Hi

I am creating a document which will be accessed by 3+ organisations via
their websites. I would like to use a drop down box at the beginning of
the
document for them to select their appropriate organisational name which
would
then populate the document with that name where necessary. Is that
possible
or is there an alternative way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HelenS HelenS is offline

Default Using a drop down box selection to populate areas in a documen

Thanks for replying Doug. The problem is that I can't create a form type
situation. The text from the drop down selection needs to slot into an
ordinary sentence situation i.e. Staff from (organisation from drop down box
selection) are all required to participate...

Any other suggestions?

"HelenS" wrote in message
Hi

I am creating a document which will be accessed by 3+ organisations via
their websites. I would like to use a drop down box at the beginning of
the
document for them to select their appropriate organisational name which
would
then populate the document with that name where necessary. Is that
possible
or is there an alternative way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
HelenS HelenS is offline

Hi again

My previous post was a bit premature! I have now it where the organisation
name appears where it should (after selecting and saving the document) using
a bookmark but the names of the organisations are all different lengths. Is
it possible to make the space length variable?

"HelenS" wrote in message
Hi

I am creating a document which will be accessed by 3+ organisations via
their websites. I would like to use a drop down box at the beginning of
the
document for them to select their appropriate organisational name which
would
then populate the document with that name where necessary. Is that
possible
or is there an alternative way of doing this?

Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See http://www.gmayor.com/SelectFile.htm
If you don't want the form to reflow to accommodate different text lengths,
put the form field(s) in a (borderless) table with fixed cell dimensions.