Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
shb shb is offline

Default How do I copy files to CD in word 2007

I'm new to word 2007 and would like some help with copying files to CDs.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

shb wrote:
I'm new to word 2007 and would like some help with copying files to
CDs.

As in all previous versions, never save a document directly to, or open a
document directly from, a CD or any other removable media. It has an
unfortunate tendency to produce corrupted files that you won't be able to
open again. (Technically, it has to do with the way Word uses temporary
files.)

Always save documents to the hard drive, and use your CD-burning software to
copy it to the CD. When you want to reopen a document, copy it from the CD
to the hard drive (and, if necessary, turn off its Read-Only flag in the
Windows Explorer's Properties dialog).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
RajKohli RajKohli is offline

If you are using Windows XP then the easy way will be goto the Location where
you have saved the file like My Documents - right-click on the file and
choose Send To - CD Drive (Drive Letter. Immediately after this you may
have a notification that "You have files waiting to be written to the CD".
Click the Ballon and it will take you to CD Drive. In the left hand side pane
click "Write these files to CD".

Or you can choose a Writing Software to send your files to CDs like Nero.

Hope this help, let us know!