Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
missneedshelp missneedshelp is offline

Default when i press the spacebar between words, it deletes the second wo.

After typing an document on microsoft word, I found that i left out a word:
example: "my dog named coaco." i wanted to add "was" between "dog" and
"named", so i put the cursor between the two words and typed "was",. the
problem is that as i typed "was", the n-a-m of the word"named was replaced. I
want to be able to push the space bar before a word to scoot it over but it
just deletes the word one letter at atim like backspacing starting at the
front of the word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You're in Overtype mode. Press the Insert key to get out of it.

When you're in Overtype mode, the letters OVR in the status bar
(bottom of the window) are black; normally they're gray. The Insert
key toggles it on and off (and so does double-clicking the OVR
letters).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman