Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Help wanted

Default Can I restore my disabled "right click" function for using Word?

In some unknown fashion, the "right click" function for my mouse has become
disabled when using Word. The pop-up window for the functions "grays out",
indicating that the functions are unavailable and I am unable to copy, cut &
paste, etc.

There are no problems in using the mouse for any other application or
function, so the problem is restricted to my working with Word documents.

Any thoughts or suggestions for correcting this?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
finalword

You can try these steps:

Go to Help | About Microsoft Word
Click the Disabled items button
If anything appears in the box, select it and click ENABLE
Close that dialog box
File | Exit out of Word
Reopen Word and see if the Right Click functionality has returned

If these steps don't work, you can try performing a Detect and Repair from
the Help Menu. This can take a bit of time, but usually fixes problems such
as the one you are describing.