Han

Default excel gridline in word

i'm having trouble hiding the gray gridline from the excel table in word when
i print the document. can anyone help me?

If it prints, it's not a gridline but a border. If you don't want borders,
you need to remove them. A quick way to do this is with Alt+Ctrl+U (with the
insertion point in the table). If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can choose
Table Normal as your default table AutoFormat and material pasted from Excel
will come in without borders.

"Han" wrote in message
i'm having trouble hiding the gray gridline from the excel table in word

when
i print the document. can anyone help me?

You specifically said, "when i print the document." As I said, if it prints,
it's a border, not a gridline, and you can't turn those off with Table |
Hide Gridlines.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

If it prints, it's not a gridline but a border. If you don't want

borders,
you need to remove them. A quick way to do this is with Alt+Ctrl+U (with

the
insertion point in the table). If you have Word 2002 or 2003, you can

choose
Table Normal as your default table AutoFormat and material pasted from

Excel
will come in without borders.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Han" wrote in message
i'm having trouble hiding the gray gridline from the excel table in

word
when
i print the document. can anyone help me?

Simon

Sorry to be nosy, but Han is correct, theres some problem with printing exel
tables in word they print the invisible gridlines even though they shouldnt,
was looking for the answer to that as well so thankyou both.

Simon

"Han" wrote in message
i'm having trouble hiding the gray gridline from the excel table in

word
when
i print the document. can anyone help me?

When Excel tables are pasted into Word, they often acquire borders, which do
print. You have two choices: you can remove the borders in Word, or you can
change the setting in Excel that causes the borders in Word. Offhand, I
don't recall exactly what the setting in Excel is, but it may be File | Page
Setup | Sheet: Gridlines, or it may be Tools | Options | View: Gridlines.

"Han" wrote in message
i'm having trouble hiding the gray gridline from the excel table

in
word
when
i print the document. can anyone help me?

Convert Word 2003 documents to WordPerfect formate Carol Microsoft Word Help 6 March 9th 06 07:11 AM
Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
How do I keep two words together? LAD Microsoft Word Help 2 April 15th 05 12:25 AM
What is the difference between Word Perfect and Microsoft Word, a. Jan New Users 4 March 31st 05 09:41 PM
copying files from Wordperfect to Microsoft Word Juliet New Users 1 January 31st 05 05:41 PM