Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Smitty Smitty is offline

Default Picture resizing when sent to Outlook

I am trying to set up a new company e-newsletter using Word 2003 as my
"editor." (sending it via Word's File|Send To|Email Recipient -- it will be
sent via a merge when it is final)

My problem is, I have an image as my "header" (cool snazzy thing) that
resizes itself depending on what computer the email is viewed on.
I read in this Group the suggestion to change the Tools|Options|Web
Options|Pictures measurements, but that doesn't appear to make any difference
in the resulting email. The picture still resizes itself. I cannot make it
fit my header area.

Any help would sure be appreciated!!

File: 8.5x11 w/.6" margins. Table (newsletter is contained in one overall
table with nested tables inside) is 726px wide, the jpg is 726px wide, and is
set to fit "In Line With Text"
Computer: XP3, Office 2003
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If you want to be sure of the layout of the newsletter, it would be best to
send it as a .pdf file.

See the €śIndividual Merge Letters€ť item on fellow MVP Graham Mayors website
at:
http://www.gmayor.com/individual_merge_letters.htm

and

the article "Mail Merge to E-mail with Attachments" at:

http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...ttachments.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

"Smitty" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Smitty Smitty is offline

Well drat. No, sending it as an attachment is not an option. My company
wants to send it out as embedded newsletter. (nothing extra for the end-user
to do, just read) If I could've done an attachment, I would've made it look
way cooler than what I'm doing in Word. :-(

No other ideas/suggestions as to the why the one image is resizing? --no
other image in the document is resizing itself, just that first one...

Thank you!