Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Kristi Kristi is offline

Default mail merge find contact folder

I am trying to create a mail merge and word cannot find the folder for my
contact list in outlook. It gives an error "the path specified for the file
g:\outlook\saved emails.pst is not valid" How do I find where the contact
folder is stored?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

As far as I know you cannot specify a .pst directly as the source of
your mail merge recipients - you would usually do one of the following:
a. start in Outlook, choose some contacts, then go to Tools-Mail
Merge ...
b. use the facilities provided in the Mail Merge Wizard (or, in Word
2007, in the Select Recipients dropdown in the Mailings tab).

Typically, (a) is a better approach, but you may have problems if you
have different versions of Outlook and Word; (b) can be problematic as
it goes through an even more complicated path to get the data.

If the reason you are trying to select a .pst directly is because it
isn't the .pst you actually have set up to use with Outlook, it would
probably be simpler to attach the .pst as an extra file in Outlook, and
use approach (a).

Peter Jamieson

http://tips.pjmsn.me.uk