Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Stuart Harden Stuart Harden is offline

Default unintended bolding in merged data

I have merge document with xls source where one field is presented bolded,
and is not in the xls or word merge document formatted as bold until
automatically done once data is merged.

In all other merge fields, the merge text, i.e.

boldState/bold «HomeState»
boldZip Code/bold «HomeZip»

yet displays as:

boldState/bold GA
boldZip Code 31564/bold

Of course all this is in word and excel, so, my html above is just for
clarification of display sake.

No matter what change I make, the merged numerical zip code is bolded. I
have removed all bolding from the xls file, confirmed that the cell in
question is not bolded in the word template, nothing changes.

I suppose the "start over" troubleshooting technique would be the next step,
but, if anyone is aware of a simpler "fix", it would be greatly appreciated.

Regards-
Stuart

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Add a charformat switch to the merge field (in place of the mergeformat
switch if present) and it will adopt the formatting of the text used for the
field.