Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tina Tina is offline

Default Using mail merge date fields in headers

I'm trying to put a mail merge date field in the header of my word document
but it doesn't show up at all when I do the mail merge. If I put the field
in the body of my document, it works fine. The date field is coming directly
from my data source which is an excel spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Tina
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Works fine in the header here. What do you see in the header of the mail
merge main document if you press Alt+F9?

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Tina" wrote in message
I'm trying to put a mail merge date field in the header of my word
document
but it doesn't show up at all when I do the mail merge. If I put the
field
in the body of my document, it works fine. The date field is coming
directly
from my data source which is an excel spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tina Tina is offline

When I press Alt+F9 I see: {MERGEFIELD "MailingDate"}
When I merge the data to the document, the date doesn't show up in the header.
I don't know if the two are related, but I have Page numbers in the header
that I inserted as auto text and these fields update correctly when the data
is merged. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks,

--
Tina

"Tina" wrote in message
I'm trying to put a mail merge date field in the header of my word
document
but it doesn't show up at all when I do the mail merge. If I put the
field
in the body of my document, it works fine. The date field is coming
directly
from my data source which is an excel spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Tina

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Tina Tina is offline

I just realized that for some reason, the merged date doesn't show up on my
monitor but if I look at the merged document in print preview, the date is
there and it's correctly formatted. How odd! At any rate, that you for your
availability. I know I can always count on the knowledgeboard! :-)
--
Tina

"Tina" wrote in message
I'm trying to put a mail merge date field in the header of my word
document
but it doesn't show up at all when I do the mail merge. If I put the
field
in the body of my document, it works fine. The date field is coming
directly
from my data source which is an excel spreadsheet. Any ideas?

Thanks
--
Tina

Using date fields in merge Ramesh Mailmerge 10 February 21st 07 02:00 PM
mail merging date fields from excel pama Mailmerge 5 November 21st 06 04:35 PM
How do I set merge fields in headers? Russell Mailmerge 5 November 26th 05 07:29 AM
Merge date fields cidman Mailmerge 4 August 10th 05 06:08 AM
Merge Fields, Headers, Etc. Joseph N. Mailmerge 3 December 11th 04 12:09 AM