Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CLL CLL is offline

Default I have too few data fields?

I successfully merged one document, but I am pretty sure I "changed
something" (with the data source connection?) and can't merge another doc
using the same database.

When I browse to select the data source, and I select the data source, it
brings me to a Data Link Properties box. When I click "ok" (because I am
unsure what to do) the error message says "Record 1 contained too few data
fields. Record 2 contained too few data fields."

Being that I know enough to be dangerous, I don't know what I changed with
the connection to the datasource/the datasource.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

If it applies, try this hotfix:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/917878
****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"CLL" wrote in message
news
I successfully merged one document, but I am pretty sure I "changed
something" (with the data source connection?) and can't merge another doc
using the same database.

When I browse to select the data source, and I select the data source, it
brings me to a Data Link Properties box. When I click "ok" (because I am
unsure what to do) the error message says "Record 1 contained too few data
fields. Record 2 contained too few data fields."

Being that I know enough to be dangerous, I don't know what I changed
with
the connection to the datasource/the datasource.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

1. Make sure that the Excel document is closed before you try to connect to
it (e.g. if one Word document is already open and connected to the Excel
data source, close it. If you are starting from a Word template that is
connected to the data source, I would modify the template so it is no longer
so connected.

2. Does your existing Word document still connect OK to this source?

Peter Jamieson

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the data source? (Excel, Word document, text file?...)

Peter Jamieson
"CLL" wrote in message
news
I successfully merged one document, but I am pretty sure I "changed
something" (with the data source connection?) and can't merge another
doc
using the same database.

When I browse to select the data source, and I select the data source,
it
brings me to a Data Link Properties box. When I click "ok" (because I
am
unsure what to do) the error message says "Record 1 contained too few
data
fields. Record 2 contained too few data fields."

Being that I know enough to be dangerous, I don't know what I changed
with
the connection to the datasource/the datasource.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
CLL CLL is offline

I was able to figure this out. I basically started the merge process all
over again and the merge ran correctly. Not totally sure why this wasn't
working the first time. Thank you.

"Peter Jamieson" wrote:

What is the data source? (Excel, Word document, text file?...)

Peter Jamieson
"CLL" wrote in message
news
I successfully merged one document, but I am pretty sure I "changed
something" (with the data source connection?) and can't merge another doc
using the same database.

When I browse to select the data source, and I select the data source, it
brings me to a Data Link Properties box. When I click "ok" (because I am
unsure what to do) the error message says "Record 1 contained too few data
fields. Record 2 contained too few data fields."

Being that I know enough to be dangerous, I don't know what I changed
with
the connection to the datasource/the datasource.

How can I add data fields to a data source in Word Mail Merge? cd Mailmerge 2 November 7th 05 06:41 PM
data fields batman Microsoft Word Help 3 October 20th 05 06:48 AM
How do I add more data fields to a data source cd Mailmerge 1 August 22nd 05 09:42 PM
data fields MariA Mailmerge 1 March 3rd 05 07:50 AM
posting data from text input fields to fields later in document BOB Microsoft Word Help 1 November 23rd 04 06:19 PM