Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DebraH DebraH is offline

Default Create and Assign Tasks

Help! I have an action item log that is in an excel spreadsheet (which of
course most people do not read). I need to be able to issue the action items
as tasks so that I can keep track of people's progress. How can I do this as
a mail merge?
--
Debra H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Create what kind of tasks, i.e. are you creating "tasks" and "actions" using
a particular piece of software, or are you looking for a way to manage them
using Word documents and/or e-mails? Because all Word mailmerge can do is
a. produce and/or print copies of documents containing the data in your
sheet
b. produce e-mails containing the data on your sheet.

Peter Jamieson
"DebraH" wrote in message
Help! I have an action item log that is in an excel spreadsheet (which of
course most people do not read). I need to be able to issue the action
items
as tasks so that I can keep track of people's progress. How can I do this
as
a mail merge?
--
Debra H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
DebraH DebraH is offline

I want to have the merged item be an outlook task item rather than a mail
message.

So my thought was if I could change the outlook template used by the
mailmerge process to the task item template - my problem is solved.

Can this be done?
--
Debra H

"DebraH" wrote in message
Help! I have an action item log that is in an excel spreadsheet (which of
course most people do not read). I need to be able to issue the action
items
as tasks so that I can keep track of people's progress. How can I do this
as
a mail merge?
--
Debra H

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Hi Debra,

I thought that was probably what you meant.

I don't know of any way that Word mailmerge could do that (unless there is
some way to format an ordinary mail message so that on receipt, Outlook
treats it as a task, and I can't answer that one - maybe someone in an
Outlook group could tell you whether or not that part is feasible).

What you probably need to do is use Excel VBA to automate Outlook to create
the necessary task entries.

Peter Jamieson

"DebraH" wrote in message
Help! I have an action item log that is in an excel spreadsheet (which
of
course most people do not read). I need to be able to issue the action
items
as tasks so that I can keep track of people's progress. How can I do
this
as
a mail merge?
--
Debra H

How do I create a macro that will do repetitive tasks? jico Microsoft Word Help 1 January 31st 07 05:33 AM
Is there a Template, for your Kids tasks at Home? bakersunshine :0) Microsoft Word Help 14 April 2nd 06 08:00 PM
importing tasks from outlook rmcdiarmid Microsoft Word Help 1 July 22nd 05 12:19 AM
User Form Tasks mully New Users 2 June 1st 05 07:40 PM
How well does word perform tasks? Is it better than its contempora PoniKika Microsoft Word Help 1 November 27th 04 03:55 PM