Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KeithG59 KeithG59 is offline

Default Multiple dated documents

I have an Access database from which I take data for a mail merge. I then
have to produce a number of forms to fill in over a period from 1 to 4 weeks,
excluding sundays. Is it possible to take a start date from Access and print
the required number of forms, say between 5 and 21? If so, is it also
possible to print the required dates on the forms? Even more prtinently, how?
Any advice would be appreciated.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

If the dates are in the database, it would seem to be a case of just merging
the required number of records.

I would still suggest however that you investigate doing the whole thing in
the database.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"KeithG59" wrote in message
The dates are entered into the database although it would be a simple
matter
to create them on the fly if that is an easier way. If it is easier to
produce the forms via a report, then all well and good. I should add that
the
forms used are usually on A5 paper and I was thinking of two to a page on
A4.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

Are the dates in the Access Database, or do they need to be created "on
the
fly"?

There is no doubt that what you want to do can be done one way or
another,
but I think that we need a bit more information to tell you the best way
go about it. Note that the best way may be to use a report in Access.

"KeithG59" wrote:

I have an Access database from which I take data for a mail merge. I
then
have to produce a number of forms to fill in over a period from 1 to 4
weeks,
excluding sundays. Is it possible to take a start date from Access and
print
the required number of forms, say between 5 and 21? If so, is it also
possible to print the required dates on the forms? Even more
prtinently, how?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
KeithG59 KeithG59 is offline

Each record has [some information] and fields for [start date] and [end
date]. It is the number of days between the start and end dates for which I
need to generate forms. Whilst it would be useful to date the forms
individually for each day of the period, I will be happy with being able to
generate the correct number of forms. Although DATEDIFF will tell me how many
days, I am not sure what to do with that information to generate the correct
number forms.

"KeithG59" wrote:

I have an Access database from which I take data for a mail merge. I
then
have to produce a number of forms to fill in over a period from 1 to 4
weeks,
excluding sundays. Is it possible to take a start date from Access and
print
the required number of forms, say between 5 and 21? If so, is it also
possible to print the required dates on the forms? Even more
prtinently, how?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

I don't think that you will be able to do this with Mail Merge. There is no
doubt that it could be done using VBA to control Word from Access or vice
versa. I would use DOCVARIABLE fields in a template in Word from which you
have the code create the new documents, and set the value of the Document
Variables with the data contained in Access.

You would use DateDiff to determine the number of documents to be created
and for each successive one, you would use DateAdd to the appropriate number
of days, i.e. 1 or 2 depending on whether the next day is a Sunday or not.