Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
thedoogs thedoogs is offline

Default How to add orange shading to a cell in word?

I am working on a document and I need to add orange shading to a call in a
table. There only seems to be the standard 40 colors available for shading
and no way to access more options.
Does anyone know a way to either add more colors to the standard 40 or
somehow get orange into the cell???
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Are you using Word 97? In Word 2000 and above, you can use 24-bit color
("Millions of colors") for text/table shading. In Word 97 you'll have to
fudge the orange by using a pattern that combines red and yellow as
foreground and background colors.

"thedoogs" wrote in message
I am working on a document and I need to add orange shading to a call in a
table. There only seems to be the standard 40 colors available for

shading
and no way to access more options.
Does anyone know a way to either add more colors to the standard 40 or
somehow get orange into the cell???

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

With the cursor on the cell, go to Format Borders and Shading. Click
the Shading tab. Make sure the "Apply to" dropdown is set to Cell.
Click the More Colors button. In the resulting dialog, click the
Custom tab.

Now you can choose any one of 16777216 colors, either from the palette
or by entering numbers in the Red/Green/Blue boxes. (I'm not saying
you'll be able to see all those different colors on the screen or on
paper, but theoretically they're all there.)

For a nice Halloween orange, try Red = 242, Green = 192, and Blue =
68.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman